Welcome to Hollinsclough Methodist Chapel Hall
An Ideal Centre for Quiet Days & Church Family "Days Out"
Set in the beautiful Upper Dove Valley within the Staffordshire Moorlands. The tranquil village of Hollinsclough is approximately seven miles from Buxton and eight miles from Leek.
Our modern hall, built in 1992 on the site of a former house, shippon and carpenter's workshop, will provide you with a warm, comfortable environment. It can be used as a base for a day out exploring along the many footpaths which branch out from the village.
It can also be used as a quiet space in which to meet for rest and relaxation. You will be surrounded by the spectacular hills and the usual countryside sounds. Except at harvest time, the pace is leisurely.
• A modern rectangular meeting room, approximately 25 feet by 14 feet, which will comfortably seat twenty-five people.
• There are seventeen square Go-pack tables.
• Full kitchen facilities include plumbed-in water boilers, domestic cooker, fridge, freezer, cutlery and crockery.
• The separate men's and women's toilets with geysers and hot-air hand driers are half-tiled. The ladies' toilet doubles as a facility for the disabled with bars fixed to the wall.
• There is wheelchair access.
•There is ample space for parking nearby.
This is across the road from the hall. It is one of the oldest Chapel's in this part of Staffordshire, being built in 1801 by a successful local packman named John Lomas.
The Chapel was extensively refurbished at the end of the nineteenth century, when the present woodwork was put in place. This was made in the workshop which stood where the hall now stands. The stained glass windows were installed at the same time and have just been renewed.
The Chapel can be used by prior arrangement.
The Hall can either be hired by the hour or for a whole day.
• The cost by the hour is £12 per hour
• The cost for a day available on application.
• Children's Party. £35
Friendly contact telephone numbers:
Postal Address: Methodist Chapel Hall, Hollinsclough, Buxton SK17 ORH
We hope to see you.